Dr. Jacobs is an internationally recognized expert in the fields of curriculum and instruction, and via Ingunn Kjøl Wiig’s blog (Norwegian) I came across the notions of Curriculum 21 and curricular mapping. What caught my attention was the idea of upgrading genres and skills, or 21st century learning processes:
- Social production: learning to do
- Social networking: learning to be
- Semantic web: learning to know
- Media grids: learning to be and do
- Non-linear teaching/learning
I hope to upgrade my lesson plans and my teaching as I begin in my new job as a high school teacher this fall.